Sunday 4 March 2012

The ups and downs of training

The last two weeks have been a disaster. I have been full of cold and getting no sleep with an irritating cough so went light on the training. And then on Tuesday I did a long run - 2hrs15. My usual long run speed is 8min50 miles. This time my average speed was 9min28 - that is a huge difference! I have been trying to rationalise it but am disappointed and feeling a little despondant. I am meant to be on top form but feel the total opposite.

Today (Sunday) was a rest day. With no long run I have been relishing having a long lie in and the Sunday papers, pure luxury.

7 weeks to go today and I am determined that I start again tomorrow, fresh and dedicated to do my best for this (one and only!!) marathon I have to run.

1 comment:

  1. We all reckon you'll storm it! Don't be down-hearted... Get some powerballs down you!! :)

    ReplyDelete