Sunday 25 March 2012

Half marathon completed!

I have just checked the weather online - at 5pm it is 20 degrees C! It has been an amazing day but not the conditions that I am used to training in. Still, we did it. Wilmslow half marathon was great - a beautiful course with a few small(ish!) hills. The first 10 miles were "comfortable", the last half hour endless.

I am a little bit gutted too - my official time was 2:00:00! I couldn't have planned it, one second less and I would have been under 2 hours! For a first race though, I am pleased. I am off to do some shopping though - I have decided a watch with pace on it is essential kit. At the best of times I am a little obsessed with the stats but I am sure it would have made the difference - both today and in training.

Am trying hard not to think too much that in a months time I will have to run double that - one day at a time!





Caroline, Nick, Ben and me on the finish line :-)

1 comment:

  1. Well done! You'll storm it when it comes to the big one :)

    ReplyDelete