Wednesday 14 March 2012

Phew, long run completed

With a huge sigh of relief I can happily report I managed a 2.5 hour run this week - 16.5 miles (no mean feat after the last couple of weeks disastrous training).

What a difference it makes feeling well and not recovering from a cold. I have also bought a drinks bottle hand holder so had regular liquid (although going for water next week not just energy drink), and have found a new gel that felt like it really worked!

I thought that all gels were a revolting necessessity. I have been using Lucozade ones which tasted like concentrated artificial goo that made my face scrunch up, but I presumed they did what they said on the tin. My new discovery are SIS gels (thanks to campfour for coming to the rescue after I forgot to get some more of my usual ones). Tasting like runny jelly without stong flavours, they went down easily and I genuinely felt like I had an energy burst shortly afterwards (placebo or not, I'm in!).

I came straight back and ordered an SIS belt to hold them as I cannot stuff them into the back pocket of my tights (I cannot fit more than one in with my phone too but I don't want to make my backside any bigger either!).

Quite stiff after the long run I am ploughing on - intervals this afternoon so am off to fuel up now first....

1 comment: