Monday 23 April 2012

Made it!

I can't believe it, I ran the marathon yesterday! 

Thankfully the pain is already starting to fade and I am chuffed to bits to have finished it - 4hrs 22min.
What an incredible day - the hardest thing I have ever done. The support and atmosphere were indescribable. I felt like a film star with someone calling my name every few metres (it was on my top!). First half was great, second half hurt a lot and took a little longer. Seeing friendly faces (David, mum and Mike) at mile 20 gave me the strength to get into my own zone and focus on getting through the last 6 miles....one foot in front of the other, just keep on running was all the kept going round my mind.

Here are my stats if anyone is interested?! http://connect.garmin.com/activity/171029382.

I cannot thank everyone enough for their messages, encouragement, support and sponsorship - I feel incredibly lucky and blessed to have such amazing friends and family. And campfour, thank you for all your support, you have been brilliant (and thanks too for my fab training gear, the start of this all!).

Katie - thanks for the sunshine. This was for you.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment