Sunday 1 April 2012

A little inspiration...just what the doctor ordered!

This week Virgin London Marathon organised a talk for all of us Manchester-based runners to help with preparation for the marathon. Blind Dave Heeley gave a talk (7 marathons in 7 days on 7 continents, and he is blind - check out his website if you are interested), followed by a Lucozade Sports Nutritionist (yup, you have to eat and drink a lot!!).

This marathon is the hardest thing I have ever done - physically and mentally. It was just what I needed to hear about someone else's incredible successes, get enthused by some running passion and acknowledge that it is not just me struggling! I feel a lot more focused on reaching the start line positively, not just dreading all this training!



Helping this my new toy (Garmin Forerunner 110 with HRM) has arrived. I have one more long run left and, skirting over the time, I am actually looking forward to getting out and trying my new Garmin out. I can now get even more obsessed with stats - bring on pace, distance, time, routes!

No comments:

Post a Comment