Saturday 23 April 2011

The New Season

the sun is out, the trees have leaves and every body has flooded to the sports climbing (and I'm no exception). To aid in this I thought it would be about time to get a new rope and I opted for the Beal Joker 9.1mm (in black so i can pretend I'm a ninja...)and so far it has been the best rope ive ever bought! Not too thick or thin, you can barley feel the weight of it and it handles like no other (also when i coil it it hasnt tangled itself on me *touch wood*)

Any way on with the climbing up date, a trip to Rubicon to try the classic Rubicon Wall left me a little dishartend, that was untill i went to Chee Dale with Mr D Bridgewood. After a wee warm up on Subterfudge and Quality Control we moved down to Why Me. I went up and down once to learn the moves before trying it and then fell of it twice, one hoiked Dom clean 5 foot off the floor (my beta made me clip the thrid clip late) but then it all fell into place. It was a really nice route on undercuts and with a really nice heel hook. lets hope the sports climbing continues like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment